Off-The-Yak boasts an interesting composition of 25% Yak, 50% Wool, and 25% Acrylic, creating a fiber that has a springy texture, excellent stitch definition, and a sleek, polished finish. Off-The-Yak?s sophisticated color palette lends it to cold weather garments and accessories for adults, and crafters should feel free to mix and match the wide-ranging palette of colors to create multicolored projects. Think striped sweaters, colorwork mittens, fair isle hats, detailed scarves and more!
A bouncy yak-wool blend with a soft luster and a springy texture
If you?ve never worked with yak before, you should definitely try Off-The-Yak! The inclusion of yak fibers creates a yarn with fantastic insular qualities. Yak offers great breathability and some studies show it to be warmer than wool. With Off-The-Yak, crafters can create doubly warm, breathable projects with great bounce and a squishy-soft texture. The touch of acrylic injects Off-The-Yak with a subtle sheen and attractive drape. Off-The-Yak slides on the needles, producing crisp stitches and a professional finish.
Yarn Packs Offer Added Value
Off-The-Yak is available in two value packs. The 3-skein pack contains 360yds/300g, while the 6-skein pack contains 720yds/600g.
Worsted to Aran weight (#4), with a recommended needle size of US 7-9 (4.5-5.5mm) for 16-20sts/4?, and crochet hook size of I-9 to K-10.5 (5.5-6.5mm) for 11-14 sts/4?.
A Mature Range of Colors
Off-The-Yak comes in a sophisticated assortment of colors, from rich, ruddy earth tones to stylish neutral gradations and muted pastels. Off-The-Yak is perfect for knit, crochet, hand weaving, and tufting projects.
While Off-The-Yak is machine washable, we recommend hand washing in cold water with gentle detergents to preserve your handmade items. Lay flat to dry.
- ✅ UNIQUE FIBER BLEND: Off-The-Yak sports a unique blend of 25% Yak, 50% Wool and 25% Acrylic, creating a squishy soft fiber with crisp stitch definition, natural texture, and a soft radiance.
- ✅ ALL-PURPOSE WEIGHT: #4 Medium Worsted/Aran weight with 11 WPI. Suggested needle size: US 7-9 (4.5-5.5mm). Suggested hook size: I-9 to K-10.5 (5.5-6.5mm).
- ✅ AMPLE YARDAGE: Off-The-Yak is available in 3-skein and 6-skein packs at 120 yds per skein, for 360yds/300g and 720/600g respectively.
- ✅ NATURAL TEXTURE: Off-The-Yak’s intriguing blend of yak, wool, and polyamide imbue knits with a natural texture, soft sheen, incredible bounce, and the slightest drape.
- ✅ RANGE OF COLORS: A generous palette of more than 33 colors includes a wide spectrum of neutrals, muted pastels, and earthy primary colors.